Are you ready? Are you ready for another marshmallow recipe?
Clearly, the recipe is not actually for marshmallows. This is a cookie recipe. But the cookies are packed with marshmallows. PACKED WITH MARSHMALLOWS!
It’s a rich and decadent chocolate cookie, filled with mini marshmallows and salty peanuts, then topped with even more salt to bring out all the sweet flavors inside. With an ingredient list like that it’s impossible to go wrong.
But you guys, I never thought I’d see this day—a day where, if I were given the choice between a cookie and its unbaked dough, I’d choose the cookie.
Eating cookie dough is the best part of making cookies. Dough is delish! And to be honest, if it weren’t for cookie dough I’d probably never actually bake drop cookies. They rarely excite me.
But the dough? I love it, raw eggs and all. (I am not advocating that you eat raw eggs. I feel like I should say that here.)
And let me say, this dough is soooo goooooood! SO GOOD.
But the cookies are OMG so much better because the marshmallows melt and provide an insanely delicious contrasting texture to the crunchy, salty peanuts. I cannot even tell you how good these are.
The only thing about these cookies is that they’re
kind of totally a huge pain to get off the baking sheets. The melted marshmallows really want to stick to everything they touch, so be sure you line your baking sheets with parchment paper and let the cookies cool completely before you remove them from the sheets.
But honestly, they’ll taste good even if they’re broken in half.
Don’t these just beg to be eaten with a tall glass of milk? Or maybe a fat mug of coffee. Yes; if you have them with coffee than you can have cookies for breakfast.
- 2 1/2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups roasted salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a small mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients to butter-sugar mixture in several batches, beating until just combined after each addition.
- Fold in peanuts and marshmallows.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets and sprinkle the top of each cookie with a bit of sea salt. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until cookies are set on top.
- Cool completely on baking sheets before serving.