White chocolate Irish cream rice krispie treats are the ultimate last-minute St. Patrick’s Day dessert—they’re totally no-bake, simple as can be, and just a little boozy.
How do you make a rice krispie treat, which is already pretty perfect, even better? You top it with a yummy glaze. And maybe, just maybe, you add some white chocolate chips and Irish Cream.
Actually, no maybes about it. You definitely do those things. Or at least I do those things.
‘Cause guys! St. Patrick’s Day is TOMORROW. Even though it was Christmas, like, just last week. We’re somehow almost in the middle of March. Craaaazy!
If spring has caught you off-guard and you’re feeling as unprepared to be practically smack in the middle of summertime as I am, then these treats are for you. They’re perfect by themselves or as an accompaniment to a frosty glass of green beer. (Seriously, I’ve never in my life consumed green beer. Am I missing out? Somehow I don’t think I am.)
White chocolate Irish cream krispie treats are as simple as any other krispie treat. The glaze is just one more step and you can skip it if you’re really short on time. (It amps up the Irish cream factor but since there’s Irish cream in the bar itself you won’t miss the flavor completely.)
Like all krispie treats, they’re totally no-bake, super-simple (melt marshmallows, stir, pour into pan, EAT), and the perfect last-minute St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
And also—not overly Irish Cream-y, since liqueurs can be on the cloying side.
They’re customizable too. Add green M&Ms instead of the white chocolate, or add regular chocolate chips, or whatever your mix-in of choice might be. It’s hard to go wrong.
So let’s all celebrate the March holidays since the Fourth of July will be here in no time at all!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish Cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons whole milk
- green candy melts, melted (optional)
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. Place cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and salt. Stir until marshmallows are about halfway melted. Add Irish Cream and stir until marshmallows melt completely. Remove from heat and pour over cereal, stirring until well combined. Stir in white chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Press lightly into prepared pan. Cool for at least 3 hours, then make the glaze by stirring the sugar, Irish Cream, and 2 teaspoons milk together. If glaze is too thick to drizzle, add additional milk and/or zap it in the microwave for a few seconds. Drizzle over the krispie treats, then drizzle green candy melts over the top (if using). Allow glaze to set then cut into squares and serve.