So yep. We’re going there today. Peanut Butter Marshmallow Explosion Brownies. Are they over-the-top enough for you? Let it never be said that I do things halfway. . .
But how could they not? I mean, brownies are delicious. Marshmallows are delicious. Peanut butter makes my dreams come true. And nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger. Seriously, don’t even try me.
Separately, all four of those things are delicious beyond words.
Combined, you get a brownie that must be taken very seriously. They’re no joke. The rice krispie topping, once it’s cooled, is like a thick layer of rich chocolate frosting, and that tops a layer of ooey, gooey, melty marshmallows and crunchy Butterfinger bits. Oh yeah, and all of that is piled on top of a brownie. A brownie filled with peanut butter chips.
They’re serious all right. I don’t play around when it comes to the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
Bonus: you can use a box brownie mix. With all the extras no one will ever know or care that they aren’t from scratch. You can use your favorite brownie recipe though, if you’d prefer a totally from-scratch brownie. OR, you can substitute butter for the oil and coffee for the water called for by your box mix and they won’t resemble from-a-box brownies at all. I like to give you options.
Ummmm are you still reading? What are you waiting for? You should be making these right now!!! (Let it also never be said that I’m becoming a less bossy person as I age.)
So make a batch today. I guarantee if you share them with friends you’ll never be without a ride to the airport or an extra set of hands on moving day. They’re that good.
- 1 box brownie mix OR your favorite brownie recipe*
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups Butterfinger bits
- 1 bag (10 1/2 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- Mix brownies according to the directions on the box, stirring in peanut butter chips at the end. Bake in a 13-x-9-inch casserole dish, according to the directions on the box.
- Three minutes before brownies are done baking, remove from the oven and sprinkle Butterfinger bits and marshmallows evenly over the top of the brownies. Bake for remaining 3 minutes, until marshmallows are very puffy and melting into each other a bit.
- While brownies are in the oven, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanut butter, and butter in a medium saucepan. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and spread topping mixture over the marshmallows. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours before slicing into bars and serving. (If you cut them when they’re still warm the topping will just ooze everywhere.)
- *Be sure your recipe is large enough for a 13-x-9-inch casserole dish.