This lemon tart with a coconut graham cracker crust is super simple to whip together and is sure to please the lemon dessert lovers in your life!
Hey hey! Join me in my sugar coma, won’t you?
I’ve over-indulged a bit. Again. This is an all-too-frequent occurrence in my life.
Lemon desserts though. . .Who can resist? I cannot. Something about their tart sweetness makes them too easy to eat.
And the fact that lemons are a fruit packed with vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium means that I can convince myself I’m doing something good for my body. You know, as I shovel just one more bite into my mouth. (And then just one more after that and after that. And before I know it two pieces are gone.)
C’est la vie.
I tested a few different fillings for my lemon tart—with eggs, without eggs, with cream cheese and without.
I ate too much of all of them but the cream cheese-egg combo was my favorite. It’s super creamy but still dense enough to seem really indulgent. And it’s bursting with lemon flavor! (Obvi.)
Plus, there’s the crust. OMG let me tell you about the crust! It’s a graham cracker crust gussied up with some sweetened coconut and cinnamon. (Cue my tears of happiness.)
I wouldn’t blame you if you wanted an extra slice of tart just so you can enjoy more crust; that’s actually how my sugar coma happened.
Something about cinnamon and citrus makes me all kinds of swoon-y and I just couldn’t hold myself back from picking the crust off a second piece. Then of course I had to eat the filling so it wouldn’t go to waste.
I tell you, I must’ve consumed so many vitamins and minerals that I can skip my multivitamin for the next month 🙂
Anyway. This lemon tart with coconut graham cracker crust is sunshine on a plate. Cut yourself a big slice and dive right in!
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- Combine all crust ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. Press into an even layer on the bottom and partway up the sides of the prepared pan. Set pan on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, then let cool while you make the filling.
- Place the cream cheese, eggs, and sweetened condensed milk in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set to medium until well combined. Beat in the juice and zest until smooth. Scrape filling into crust and bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until the edges of the filling are set and the center just barely jiggles when you tap the pan. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then refrigerate overnight.
- Beat the heavy cream with the sugar until it forms stiff peaks. Beat in vanilla to combine. Pipe or spread over the top of the chilled tart. Serve and enjoy.