Hello hello! Happy almost-Friday to you!
Do you have big Super Bowl plans? Goldie and I are very excited to watch the game and hoard all the queso dip for ourselves. (I will hoard it and she will watch me. I don’t really let her eat queso.)
On a more pink and red note, are you ready for Valentine’s Day? No? Me either. But these treats got me a little closer to being ready. They’re just like a classic Rice Krispies treat, but better because of all the CHOCOLATE.
Seriously, life doesn’t get better than gooey, marshmallow-y, chocolate-y bars of goodness. They’re a smile for your tummy. (I hate that not only did I just type that, but also that I’m not deleting it.)
These are the perfect gift for all of your valentines. Unless you’re like me and your valentine is a sweet little dog who obviously can’t have the chocolate. Then you should give them to that cute coworker/barista/neighbor across the street and maybe you’ll have a human valentine next year.
Because no one could possibly resist the ridiculous fabulousness contained in just one of these little squares. They are everything you want in a special occasion dessert or gift or snack or (again if you’re like me) breakfast.
They are perfect. They are gooey and sweet and chock full of chocolate.
Oh, and extra cute because of the pink, red, and white M & Ms. Why am I such a sucker for seasonal candy? It’s bad news. I’ll just tell you now to be prepared for a whole lot of Cadbury egg-themed treats when Easter rolls around.
Why am I already talking about Easter? I can’t live in the moment at all!
Back to the bars. Make them. Make them soon. They are no-bake and done in less time than it takes to say be mine.
Don’t feel like making them for the 14th? They are adaptable to any holiday or just a regular old Tuesday when you’re in the mood for something sweet. . .maybe make them at Easter and swap the M & Ms for some mini Cadbury eggs.
Ooooooohhhhhh. Yes. Do the Cadbury thing. I know I will!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 9 cups (about 16 ounces) mini marshmallows, divided
- 6 cups (about 9.5 ounces) Cocoa Krispies
- 1 cup M & Ms
- sprinkles, if desired
- Coat a 9- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.* Set aside.
- Set aside 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining marshmallows and stir until melted. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add cereal and stir until well-combined. Add the M & Ms and reserved mini marshmallows, stirring until evenly distributed.
- Press into prepared pan and top with sprinkles, if using. Cool for at least 3 hours, then cut into squares and serve.
- *I use a 9- x 9-inch pan because I like my treats really thick; if you prefer thinner ones, use a 13- x 9-inch pan.