How cute are these little morsels of heaven? So cute, right? Let me say for the record, cookies + potato chips = nirvana. Dip a potato chip cookie in chocolate and let your mind and your taste buds be blown away.
(Although you can skip the chocolate-dipping step if you’re not a choco-holic like me. It’s cool. We can still be friends.)
Can I please tell you about the cookies’ texture? OMG they’re kind of shortbread-y in the best way. They’re so buttery and they have the softest little crumbs because they’re made with powdered sugar. They just crumble right in your mouth and each bite is full of crunch from the potato chips and pecans.
Of course each bite is also perfectly salty sweet, which you know I love and need almost as much as I need oxygen. Or chocolate. Or chocolate-covered potato chips.
As cookies go, these are in the quick-and-easy category. Making them is no different than making any regular old chocolate chip cookie. The only difference is the quick chocolate bath they take at the end. For my chocolate dip I used a combination of chocolate chips and the last bit of a bar of chocolate I had in the cupboard. I prefer bars because they melt better than chips but use whatever you have on hand.
And, ummmm, in case these cookies aren’t enough to get your week started off in the right way, my favorite Cookie ever finally hopped off my lap long enough for me to get a few pics.
How sweet is she? Even sweeter than these cookies. And don’t we all need more sugar in our lives?
Actually, we probably could use less. But go on a sugar elimination diet after you make yourself a batch of these. There are no regrets in the cookie world.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer and beat on medium speed until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla, and salt.
- With mixer on low, beat in flour until almost combined. Stir in the pecans with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed. Gently fold in potato chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, until golden around edges. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cookies are cool, melt chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip one side of each cookie into the chocolate, then place on wax paper or parchment paper to set. Serve and enjoy.